TPT – Requirements and IBM Rational DOORS Integration
Requirements tracing is explicitly required by safety-critical software projects. Requirements traceability refers to the ability to describe and follow the life of a requirement, in both forwards and backwards direction. The goal is to follow a requirement to its implementation and its tests.
TPT supports requirements and test tracing. TPT supports the management of tests and requirements as well as the relationship between both.
Industry norms such as IEC 61508, DO-178B, EN 50128 and ISO 26262 require traceability of requirements and tests. TPT offers an interface to requirements tools like IBM Rational DOORS in order to support these activities.
Tool integration of TPT and requirements management tools like IBM Rational DOORS enables:
- Management of traceability links between requirements and tests,
- Traceability and impact analysis of requirements changes,
- Impact analysis of requirements changes,
- Direct access to requirements within the test-tool,
- Bidirectional navigation from requirements to test cases and vice versa,
- Statistical coverage analyses,
- Full round-trip support
Test case exchange
- Test cases can be exported to IBM Rational DOORS,
- Test cases can be imported from IBM Rational DOORS,
- Test cases can be synchronized in IBM Rational DOORS and TPT,
- Support of multiple requirements modules,