Testing and verification of Simulink models and TargetLink models using TPT
TPT offers unique and all encompassing support for testing and verification
MATLAB/Simulink, Stateflow- and TargetLink models. The strengths of both systems
can be used because of the perfectly tuned interface between TPT and
MATLAB/Simulink. Functional models are created normally in MATLAB/Simulink,
Stateflow and TargetLink. Then the associated test
models are created in TPT. The
integration feature of TPT with MATLAB/Simulink ensures an efficient
test assment and
an effective overall test process.
Key-features of testing Simulink models
- Full support since MATLAB 7.3 and Simulink 6.5
- Full support since TargetLink 1.3 in Model-in-the-Loop (MiL), Software-in-the-Loop (SiL) and PiL-mode
- Full support of Simulink Coder, Realtime-Workshop and Embedded Coder
- Automatic analysis of the model under test, analyse interfaces, import parameters
- Automatic generation of the test-frame models (test-harness-model)
- Using of model-internal Simulink-signals or TargetLink-signals during Simulation.
- Measure model coverage of Simulink-models using Simulink Verification and Validation Toolbox
- Automatic coverage measurement of code coverage using TargetLink
- Using MATLAB M-scripts for advanced test assessment.
- Automatic comparison of test results through Back-to-Back-Analysis between MiL and SiL
- Flexible configuration options by way of M-script support
- Bi-directional exchange of parameters between MATLAB and TPT
- Using TPT together with Simulink Debugger
- Test of arbitrary Simulink subsystems
- Test of Simulink Systems together with system-models of the controller environment
- Test of Simulink models containing continuous parts
- Reusability of tests between MiL, SiL, PiL and HiL
- Reusability of test assessments between MiL, SiL, PiL and HiL
- Support for automatic regression testing between model-in-the-loop, software-in-the-loop etc.
- Support of traceability between requirements and tests.
- Using of different data file formats like mat, dat, mdf, csv
- Test in context of ISO 26262
Model and interface analysis
In order to make the test models simple to create and easy to reuse, TPT extracts the
interface information for the functional models and inserts this into the test model.
TPT takes the subsystem model to be tested, automatically handles the interfacing and
analysis of complex signals, the vectors, busses, multiplexer. The TPT interfaces can
also be manually adapted or corrected if necessary.
Test-harness generation in Simulink
TPT requires a test-harness model for the test
execution which contains a copy of the complete sub system behaviour and a
special TPT execution engine. The creation of the TPT test-harness model is completely
automatic, if desired.
Test execution in Simulink
All aspects of test execution management are handled by TPT. This means that TPT starts
the appropriate version of MATLAB with required system components and loads the
complete MATLAB models necessary for test execution. Afterwards TPT exchanges model
parameter binding with MATLAB. In this way all the parameters in the MATLAB model can
be accessed in the TPT test model and modified for each and every test case.
Afterwards TPT selects and executes the appropriate test cases and handles the
logging of all signals relevant to the test in order to automatically evaluate the results
and include the data in the test report. Test execution control for MATLAB tests is
managed by TPT and complex tests can be executed unattended in batch mode.
TASMO: Test data generation for MATLAB/Simulink and TargetLink models
TASMO (acronym for "Testing via Automated Search for Models") was developed by PikeTec. It generates test data for testing of a MATLAB/Simulink or TargetLink model.
TASMO can handle Condition Coverage and Decision Coverage.